Company name is committed to providing a safe and healthful work environment for our entire staff. In pursuit of this endeavor, the following written program is in place to first identify any Permit-Required Confined Spaces (PRCS) and to eliminate or control hazards associated with PRCS operations. This program is in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Permit-Required Confined Spaces Standard, Title 29, Code of Federal Regulations 1910.146.
Individuals assigned to work where confined space entry is required will have the responsibilities related to the work they perform. These responsibilities are identified below.
1. Safety Director
1. Work with the client and crew leader to determine the type of confined space along with any known hazards.
2. Provide specific training to all attendants regarding the inspection, calibration and use of gas monitoring equipment.
3. Review hazards and special considerations with crews.
4. Verify that all safety equipment and PPE are available to the crews prior to entry.
1. Know the hazards associated with the permit space and their effects
2. Properly use the equipment required for entry
3. Maintain a continuous means of communication with the attendant
4. Alert the attendant in the event of an emergency
5. Evacuate the space if an emergency occurs